Rite of Passage is a leading national provider of programs and opportunities for troubled and at-risk youth from social services, welfare agencies and juvenile courts. For over 30 years, we have developed and operated a continuum of programs based on the needs of youth and our placing agencies. With our emphasis on evidence-based practices and positive skill development, combined with our supportive therapeutic approach, our organization is highly respected by industry experts as a highly effective solution for our youth. Rite of Passage has locations across the nation! We are an organization that has a long, proud history of improving the lives of youth. Since 1984, over 25,000 youth have entered and completed our programs. Rite of Passage has built its reputation on running life changing educational treatment programs that positively contribute to the community and valuing the contributions of its staff.
Our employees are dedicated, passionate individuals that are committed to inspiring positive change. Join our qualified team and become a part of something great. Becoming a member of the Rite of Passage team is more than just a job, but an opportunity to create a meaningful career within a mission driven company.
Rite of Passage, Inc. is seeking Day and Night shift Juvenile Detention Specialist in Granbury, TX . Position provides safety and around-the-clock supervision for both male and female juveniles in a secure residential treatment facility.
Days - Sun -Wed or Wed – Sat 7am-9pm
Nights - Shifts Vary (4 consecutive Nights) 9pm-7am
Hourly Pay: Varies by experience, starting at $11 hour nights and $12 hour days
(6-month sign on bonus - $500, one year sign on bonus - $500)
Juvenile Detention Specialist:
- Adheres to the facility schedule, assists with ensuring that the unit is on time for all elements and completes daily assignments.
- Assists with ensuring the daily schedule, including the PM Program, operates on time and the students participate in all the scheduled activities as listed on the PM schedule.
- Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to the students.
- Models and ensures all program norms are upheld without compromise.
- Acts as a positive role model and mentor for both staff and students.
- Treats others with respect, confronts negative behavior and supports confrontations.
- Provides consistent interactive supervision of student athletes to ensure the safety, health and welfare of staff and students at all times.
- Ensures proper safe physical management techniques are followed at all times.
- Assists other staff members with emergencies.
- Monitors students and prepares Daily Assessment Progress Notes. Completes required reports and documentation in a timely manner, provides management with required reports and advises of any problematic situations.
- Provides feedback and interacts with students during the scheduled Guided Group Meetings.
- Interacts during and supervises community service events.
- Assists with student transportation.
- Encouraged to participate in at least 50% of the daily physical activities required of the students, as well as extra-curricular activities.
- Ensures the highest standards are maintained to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct and to ensure the program remains in compliance with agency licensing and company policy.
- Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to prioritize and perform position responsibilities accurately.
- Must have flexibility with work schedule and job duties.
- Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, and write).
- Must have legible and readable handwriting. Contingent offer pending background check and drug test
Contingent offer pending background check and drug test
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour