The Camp Fire Camp El Tesoro Food Service Staff Member ensures that high quality and nutritional food is provided to camp participants at Camp Fire’s resident camp near Granbury, Texas.
The Food Service Staff Member provides an environment which supports the camp’s vision of growing and building relationships in an outdoor setting. He or she follows the camp’s food service operation within the established budget and maintains the highest standards of health and sanitation possible. The Food Service Staff, who reports to the Camp Kitchen Manager, supervises kitchen staff, the preparation of food, menu planning, and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining hall. There are typically five food service employees in addition to the Food Service Manager.
• Cooperates all aspects of the Camp El Tesoro Food Service Operations.
• Follows menu plans which support healthy, nutritious meals for campers, within the established budget.
• Maintains an appropriate inventory of food supplies working with vendors to purchase food and supplies at lowest cost and highest quality possible.
• Provides menu options for a wide variety of dietary needs and restrictions.
• Preparation and delivery of meals.
• Follows safety and cleanliness protocols.
• Provides courteous and professional service to guests.
• Maintains all kitchen facilities and equipment in a proper high quality and clean manner.
• Responsible for the stewardship of camp’s natural resources, facilities, equipment and programs.
• Evaluates and monitors the camp food program, ensuring the food service program meets the needs of the participants.
• Assists with the coordination of activities and operations between camp departments as they relate to the food service program.
• Upholds the standards and ideals of Camp Fire and Camp El Tesoro in all aspects, dealing with campers, participants, parents, staff, and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Responsible for household cleaning of camp facilities.
• Performs all other duties as assigned. • Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
• Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies. (The Food Services Manager utilizes equipment which can be potentially dangerous, including knives, ovens, meat slicers, mixers, broilers, and cleaning chemicals.)
• Work is performed in a fast-paced kitchen environment. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing is essential for this position. Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or documents and making changes as necessary/required. Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration.
• Walking is frequent. Repetitive stooping and bending with frequent lifting of light to heavy objects is required. The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time is required as well as the ability to manipulate keyboards, telephone keypads, and kitchen utensils. Must have visual and auditory ability
• Job requirements include obtaining a Texas Food Service Mangers Certificate, and Texas Serve Safe Certification upon hire.
• Obtaining a Texas Food Service Mangers Certificate, Texas Serve Safe Certification upon hire. • A desire to work in a food service environment and a willingness to serve others
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability and desire to work with camp staff and other young people.
• Ability to work within diverse groups.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, customer service, public relations skills, and the ability to work with youth and adults are essential.
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, intermediate experience with computers, including personal computer applications such as database and word processing.
• Must be 18 years of age
Camp Fire’s Culture:
Camp Fire First Texas is one of the largest Camp Fire councils in the country. Programs are for boys, girls and their families and include camping, after school programs, teen services, environmental education, and school readiness, in addition to professional development for early childhood educators. In Camp Fire, children and youth find a safe, fun and inclusive place – a place where they form lasting relationships, develop a sense of belonging and make positive contributions to the lives of their families and their community. Camp Fire youth have life-enhancing experiences and develop assets essential to their futures. Camp Fire changes young lives for the better in our community. Inside and out. Camp El Tesoro is a smoke-free facility.