Camp Fire believes in the power of relationships. At Camp El Tesoro, staff are not just employees - they are partners in caring for the hundreds of boys and girls that stay with us each summer.
We do more than roast marshmallows, sing camp songs, climb the tower, hike trails and paddle the river. We encourage youth to accept challenges, inspire their curiosity, find their spark, share our hearts and sometimes hold the hand of a homesick child to see them blossom into a camper that can’t wait to come back next year.
- Challenge Course Facilitator
- CIT Coordinator
- Counselor (Day Camp)
- Counselor (Residential)
- Equestrian Coordinator
- Inclusion Coordinator
- Nurse Assistant
- Unit Coordinator
- Woodshop Coordinator
Job Summary: Under the direction of the assistant camp director, this position is responsible for safely leading campers ages 5-16 through daily camp activities. Counselors will ensure the safety of campers by supervising youth at all times. Counselors will develop and lead various activities that will help campers increase their skills, will encourage a cabin culture that is fun and appropriate for all ages and abilities, and will be a positive role model for youth.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- A genuine interest in working/living with and teaching children in an outdoor environment
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Ability to handle the pressures that are associated with living with coworkers, and children
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Ability to live in camp setting and work irregular hours delivering programs
- Endurance including standing, some bending, stooping and stretching
- Ability to work in the sun and heat, and varying environmental conditions
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or with a team
- Minimum of one year of college preferred
- Prior experience working with youth
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications (CPR and First Aid training offered during pre-camp staff training)
Camp Fire First Texas may conduct a criminal background investigation and/or drug test on any employee.
Learn more at https://www.campfirefw.org/careers/