Granbury ISD issued an amended 2020-21 school calendar on October 20, 2020, after revisions were adopted by the Board of Trustees.
The amended calendar includes the following changes:
- Monday, November 2 will be a student holiday and a staff day.
- Christmas Break is extended by an additional week with additional student/staff holidays on January 4-8.
- Monday, January 11 will be a student holiday and a staff day.
- The last day of school will be Thursday, May 20.
The changes are in line with plans announced at the beginning of the school year. Fourteen extra instructional days were built into the calendar to allow for school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic if needed. Because no school closures have been necessary, the calendar is modified to decrease the number of student days.
Future student holidays are:
- Monday, November 2, 2020 (staff day)
- November 23-27, 2020 - Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 18, 2020 (staff day)
- December 21, 2020-January 8, 2021 - Christmas Break
- Monday, January 11, 2021 (staff day)
- Monday, January 18, 2021 - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Friday, February 12, 2021 (staff day)
- Monday, February 15, 2021 - President's Day
- March 8-12, 2021 - Spring Break
Friday, April 2 and Monday, April 19, 2021, are designated as bad weather makeup days. If not needed, these could become student-staff holidays.
The revised calendar is available on the district website at www.granburyisd.org/calendar.